Field Trip Details
How it Works:
- Call to schedule your field trip date and arrival time.
- We will give you your time for the Crop Stop Hayride, the Ohio Maze orientation (if applicable), and a time/location for lunch.
- The rest of your free time on the farm may be spent enjoying our 50+ activities at your leisure!
Please note: Season passes and general admission tickets are not valid for field trips.
- Ride a scheduled Crop Talk Hayride around the farm, with 3 stops along the way (30 minutes)
- Stop by our popcorn field to learn about different types of corn and what products are made with corn. (Further topics, such as farming practices and other crops grown on the farm, may also be discussed depending on age level.)
- Learn about the growing stages of pumpkins and the importance of bees in pollination. (Again, further topics may also be discussed depending on age level.)
- Pick your very own pumpkin from our patch to take home
- Ohio Maze (grades 3-5 only – lasts approximately 1 ½ hours)
- Curriculum is developmentally appropriate for 3rd-5th grades and coordinated to meet Ohio Social Studies Standards.
- Ideally, one chaperone or teacher accompanies every 5 students.
- A worksheet is provided to assist students in locating standards related information. Contact us for an advance copy of this worksheet if desired.
- Read more…
- Explore our 50+ farm activities at your leisure, including farm animals, pretend milking cows, fun slides, a giant Corn Barn, and much more!
- If your time allows, enjoy your packed lunch or snack at a scheduled time and location.
Learn From Fun Activities Too!
While exploring our 50+ farm activities, students can:
- Experience farm animals and learn fun facts about them
- Try their hand at milking our pretend cows
- Experience The Corn Barn – nearly 5,000 bushels of shelled corn – and play like generations of kids on this farm did during the harvest season
- Play in our Tire Patch playground made from over 300 recycled tires, including the world’s largest agricultural tire and mining tire!
- Get their minds thinking with a variety of mazes – Mind Bender Maze, Potato Box Maze, Color Maze, 1-2-3 Maze, Confusion Corral, etc.
- Get a little exercise trying out our pedal carts, jump pad, variety of slides and more!
*Please note: The big corn mazes are closed for field trips unless participating in our Ohio Maze Adventure