Serving school districts near Columbus, OH and Cleveland, Ohio for over 15 years
Explore our 8 acre corn maze as you travel over 2 miles on Ohio highways, rivers, Underground Railroads, treaty lines, and state borders in the Ohio Maze. Learn about famous Ohioans, Ohio history, resources, economics, fun sports facts, Ohio presidents, and much more. Our tour allows you to take your classroom on an adventure to explore OHIO!
Also Available: Focused Ohio Maze Adventure-History of Transportation in Ohio Timeline.
Details of adventure
- The Ohio Maze Adventure will last approximately 2 hours including orientation and wrap-up.
- Developmentally appropriate curriculum for 3rd – 6th grades. Activities are coordinated to meet Ohio Social Studies Standards.
- Ideally, 1 chaperone or teacher accompanies every 5 students.
- A worksheet is provided to assist students in locating standards related information. Contact us for an advance copy of this worksheet if desired.
Visit our helpful tips page for ways to help your trip run more smoothly.
Ramseyer Farms works diligently to make sure your experience is educational as well as fun. Our Ohio Maze will integrate:
- Influence of Geography on Ohio Development
- Cause and Effect Relationships
- Various Historical Eras
- Significant Individuals in Ohio History
- Map Skills
- Ohio Natural Resources and Factors of Production
- Interactions of Various Ohio Cultural Groups
- Ohio Firsts
- Inferences Drawn from Ohio Geography
- Understanding and using cardinal and intermediate direction
Ohio Maze Only
Ohio Maze & Hayride
Ohio Maze & Harvest Tour Package
– General admission tickets and season passes are not valid for school tours.
– We do not accept personal checks for school tours.
9:50am – Bus arrives
10:00am – Ohio Maze Orientation
10:15am – Explore the Ohio Maze
11:45am – Ohio Maze Wrap-Up
12:00pm – Lunch
12:30pm – Optional 30 minutes play time (Our staff will select a playground for you when the time comes – as time, space, and age group allows.)
1:00pm – Bus departs (As a reminder, we do not open to the public until all of our school tours are done for the day. Individuals wishing to enjoy more farm activities may purchase a wristband in the Big Red Barn and return at that time.)
*Optional Harvest Tour adds an additional 90 minutes to the tour
*Optional hayride adds an additional 30 minutes to the tour
In order to get the most out of your Ohio Maze Tour, please feel free to browse our available lesson plans and prepare for your big day!
“Your programs are absolutely wonderful and so ‘in tune’ with 4th grade curriculum . . .”
– 4th Grade Teacher
“It helped me on my map skills.”
– 4th Grade Student
“Wow! What a great program! Hospitality was unsurpassed. We will be back!”
– 4th Grade Teacher
“I never thought learning could be so much fun.”