Experience the harvest farm tour
Looking for a way to spice up your fall lesson plans? Give your students the chance to experience the harvest at Ramseyer Farms this fall! We are open in September and October for “dig in the dirt” learning experiences for your students. Each student will have the opportunity to observe the potato harvest, pick a personal pumpkin, visit the farm animals, and more. Each tour is specifically designed for the appropriate grade level of your class and is carefully aligned with state of Ohio content standards.
Tour lasts approximately 1.5 hours and includes the following and more!
- Learn about the growing stages of potatoes and pumpkins
- Taste homemade potato chips
- Enjoy a guided hayride around the farm
- Pick a pumpkin and dig a potato to take home
- Observe potatoes, pumpkins, and popcorn growing in the fields
- Meet the farm animals and learn interesting facts about them
- Milk our pretend cows Bertha and Bessie
- Be sure to plan extra time to eat a packed lunch in the Big Red Barn
- Bring your cameras to document the fun day on the farm!
Visit our helpful tips page for ways to help your trip run more smoothly.
Harvest Tour Only
Harvest Tour & Ohio Maze Package (recommended for grade 3 and older)
9:20am – Bus arrives
9:30am – Educational Barn Talk
10:00am – Hayride
10:30am – Farm activities area (The following activities are included in this half hour: farm animals, duck races, milking cows, the potato box maze, and Hide & Slide Hill. Come back during our regular admission hours to try all of our activities!)
11:00am – Lunch
11:30am – Optional 30 minutes play time (Our staff will select a playground for you when the time comes – as time, space, and age group allows.)
12:00pm – Bus departs (As a reminder, we do not open to the public until all of our school tours are done for the day. Individuals wishing to enjoy more farm activities may purchase a wristband in the Big Red Barn and return at that time.)
*The order of the field trip is subject to change. The above itinerary is simply a sample of what is included.