Harvest Farm Tour
Looking for a way to spice up your fall lesson plans? Give your students the chance to experience the harvest at Ramseyer Farms this fall! We are open in September and October for “dig in the dirt” learning experiences for your students. Each student will have the opportunity to observe the harvest, pick a personal pumpkin, visit the farm animals, and more. Each tour is specifically designed for the appropriate grade level of your class and is carefully aligned with state of Ohio content standards.
Harvest Tour Only
Harvest Tour & Ohio Maze Tour
Tour lasts approximately 1.5 hours and includes the following and more!
- Learn about the crops grown on the farm & the products that come from those crops
- Learn about the growing stages of pumpkins
- Enjoy a guided hayride around the farm
- Pick your very own pumpkin to take home
- Observe pumpkins, popcorn, and other crops growing in the fields
- Meet the farm animals and learn interesting facts about them
- Milk our pretend cows Bertha and Bessie
- Enjoy a few of our family fun activities
- Be sure to plan extra time to eat a packed lunch in the Big Red Barn
- 9:20am — Bus arrives
- 9:30am — Educational Barn Talk
- 10:00am — Hayride
- 10:30am — Farm Activities Area. The following activities are included in this half hour: farm animals, duck races, milking cows, the potato box maze, and Hide+Slide Hill. Come back during our regular admission hours to try all of our activities!
- 11:00am — Lunch
- 11:30am — Optional 30 minutes Play Time. Our staff will select a playground for you when the time comes — as time, space and age group allows.
- Noon — Bus Departs
General admission tickets and season passes are not valid for school tours.
We do not accept personal checks for school tours.